God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble. James 4:6
• In today’s meditation, we continue on the subject of humility.
• The scripture for our review today is taken from James 4:6.
• The first part of the text reads,
God resists the proud.
• Pride must be a deadly thing for God to make it as an element He God resists.
• To have the God of the Whole universe resisting you(someone who carries pride) must be something worth thinking about.
God resists the Proud.
• Was it not this same pride that got Lucifer to be thrown down to earth from heaven?
• Now the word of God who is Jesus Christ, is telling us that, God opposes the proud.
• Aside oppose, another synonym for resist is stand firm against.
• These are strong words. I do not think anyone would want God to oppose him or her.
• The second part of the text is rather comforting.
But He gives grace to the humble.
• Grace is an unmerited favor. Favor is an undeserved merit or mercy. This is what the Lord God gives to the Humble.
• To be found in God’s favor is something that every individual needs to survive here on earth.
• Just to recap, know that God resists, opposes, stands firm against the Proud and gives unmerited favor to the humble.
• Pride comes naturally because it’s in our very nature whilst humility must be worked out.
• It takes a lot of efforts to be humble. We must be intentional about being humble.
• To be humble is to be submissive to God.
• Humility is being God-dependent instead of self-dependent. It’s trusting the Lord instead of your own flesh’s strength and ability.
Holy Spirit teach us to be humble.
God bless you for reading.